We aim to make our setting accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community. We will ensure this is achieved through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
All parents must complete the Registration Form, the All about me Form and the Photo Permission Consent Form for their children. Click on the links, print and return to the Pre-School. Alternatively you can download them from our Download folder here.
- We ensure that the existence of our setting is widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the community.
- We ensure that information about our setting is accessible, in written and spoken form and, where appropriate, in more than one language. Where necessary, we will try to provide information in Braille, or through British Sign Language. We will provide translated written materials where language needs of families suggest this is required as well as access to an interpreter.
- We will accommodate an emergency admission in particular a Looked after Child.
- We describe our setting and its practices in terms that make it clear that it welcomes mothers, fathers, other relations, carers including childminders, this is reflected in our mission statement.
- We describe our setting and its practices in terms of how it treats each child and their family, having regard to their needs arising from their gender, special educational needs, disabilities, social background, religion, ethnicity or from English being a newly acquired additional language.
- We describe our setting and its practices in terms of how it enables children and/or parents with disabilities to take part in the life of the setting.
- We consult with parents/carers our opening times, extended services, funding to ensure we accommodate a broad range of family need.
- Wherever possible we aim to be flexible with regards to attendance patterns in order to accommodate the needs of individual children and their families.
- We arrange our waiting list in date of birth order. In the event that session availability is limited as a result of a high volume of attendance the following admissions criteria will be implemented for those who are on the waiting list:
- Looked After Children
- Children living in the catchment area of Wilstead
- Children with a sibling in the setting
- Children living out of catchment with a sibling in the setting
- Children living out of catchment
Parents /Carers will be asked to provide identification to prove their child’s date of birth such as a birth certificate, and proof of address.